Important information and who we are
Beautiful World Tents Company Ltd is a company registered in England and Wales with company number 5666143 with its registered address at Springfield House, Springfield Road, Horsham, West Sussex, RH12 2RG (“we” “us” “our”). For the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulations (EU) (2016/679) and any updating legislation from time to time, we are the data controller of information provided by our clients.
What is our basis for collecting personal data?
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together as follows:
- Identity Data includes first name, last name or username.
- Contact Data includes billing address, delivery address, e-mail address and telephone numbers.
- Financial Data includes bank account details.
- Transactional Data includes details about payments and transactions to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from us.
- Marketing and Communications includes your preferences for receiving marketing from us.
- Technical Data includes IP addresses, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access the Site.
How we collect your personal data?
We use different methods to collect personal data from and about you including through:
Direct interactions. You may give us your Identity, Contact and Financial Data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you:
- place a booking with us;
- request marketing to be sent to you;
- enter a competition, promotion or survey;
- give us some feedback;
- engage with or respond to a marketing campaign; and
- engage with us on social media.
Automated technologies or interactions. As you interact with our Site, we may automatically collect Technical Data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this personal data by using cookies.
Third parties or publicly available sources. We may receive personal data about you from various third parties and public sources as set out below:
- Technical Data from analytics providers such as Google.
- Contact, Financial and Transaction Data from providers of technical, payment and delivery services.
Purposes for which we will use your personal data
We have set out in a table below a description of all the ways we plan to use your personal data, and which of the legal bases we rely on to do so. We may process your personal data for more than one lawful ground depending on the specific purpose/activity for which we are using your personal data.
Change of purpose
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which it was collected, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. Please contact email@example.com if you have any questions about this.
If we need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
Please note that we may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
How your personal data may be shared
We may be required to share your personal data with the parties set out below:
- third party accountants;
- courier and delivery companies such as DPD;
- third party hosting provider; and
How we store your personal data
All personal data is processed within the European Economic Area (“EEA”), we do not transfer your personal data outside of the EEA.
Personal Data Retention
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected and for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. For information about data retention periods please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection legislation in relation to your personal data. These include the right to:
- Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a ‘data subject access request’). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you.
- Request correction of your personal data that we hold about you.
- Request erasure of your personal data (also known as the right to be forgotten). This enables you to request that we permanently delete the personal data we hold about you. However, we may not always be able to comply with your request for erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
- Object to processing of your personal data.
- Request restriction of processing your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data.
- Request transfer of your personal data to you or to a third party. This right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we have used the information to perform a contract with you.
- Right to withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on your consent to process your personal data. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
To exercise any of the above rights please email your request to email@example.com.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
The Sites are not intended for use by children and we will not knowingly collect any personal data from persons under the age of 13 and will immediately delete any such data identified as being that of a child.
Remember the Risks Whenever You Use the Internet
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure and have in place reasonable and proportionate safeguards and procedures to protect your personal data. While we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information that you transmit to us and you are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of any passwords or other account information.
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
We hope that you won’t ever need to, but if you do want to make a complaint about how we have handled your personal data, please send an e-mail with the details of your complaint to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You also have the right to make a complaint, at any time, to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO.
Questions and Contact information
For any questions or for further information, please contact email@example.com.